The main thing is to decide! In one quick motion! Quit tomorrow! Live day and night on the floor of the workshop or in the office until the first clients appear…
Familiar intonation and expressions, right?
At the same time, if everything is fine with you at the present moment, you don’t want to change it harshly and abruptly. Now it is [normal]. What will happen next is [not clear] and, most importantly, it is not clear if it will be so good later (and how much time this “later” will take), so that it is worth giving up what is [normal] now.
Of course, to get different results, you need to try other actions. Let’s take a specific example: you are now an engineer, analyst, tester, programmer, or even lead someone on technical issues. You feel fine here, because you know how to solve 80% of the problems that you face, and for the remaining 20% there is time to dig into and come up with a solution.
Would it be interesting to become a team lead / team manager? New tasks: interviewing, hiring, setting and controlling tasks, monitoring the state of other team members – it sounds interesting, but how can I understand whether I will want to do this if it becomes my responsibility?
Quit everything! Get up and go! Deny the vital? 🙂 Why should I – I am [normal] now and I have been going to this state and these results for some time. Why should I quit? What will happen to my accumulated technical expertise?
Three simple ideas:
What to do to try it safely?
“Start trying safely” – yeah, thanks, Captain, you haven’t been seen for quite a while 🙂
Start with learning.
As you learn new skills, you don’t have to “jump with a parachute” first and learn while flying towards the ground. You try to “pack the parachute” and make the “first jumps” from the training height in the jumping hall, where you will be taught how to tuck your legs and not “screw up”. If in the process of learning you realize that this is not interesting to you, you understand it before you board the plane together with your friends and start feeling uncomfortable to refuse and cancel this jumping madness.
You do not “screw up at work”, you do not let the manager and the team down. You are not compromising your current [normal] state. You study calmly and if you have always been stopped by the need of making a Big Harsh Step to trigger changes, be aware that the best changes don’t always start with dashes and hyper-efforts. If you enjoyed the process, you are more likely to apply what you have learned to get the same satisfaction from the tasks over and over again.
What do we offer?
Teaching and training of team leads and project managers in the format of a safe learning environment: mistakes are a normal process in training, other opinions are part of training, meetings with TOP managers of different companies to understand what they expect from us, author’s studios from our trainers in order that to understand where you want to go deep now: into career or into management.
Try through training in order to choose from the entire set of techniques, which can be useful now + try on a new role without making harsh decisions.
We have been answering these questions for 10 years, colleagues.
Come and learn to be a practicing team lead or project manager:
The start of the 5-month training program is already in February 2021. Training in three-day sessions in which practice is integrated into the learning process itself. How to join a team, understand who is on board, take control of tasks, establish communication and understand the state of the team.
Doubt whether our program will solve your specific request and help in your specific work situation?
On January 30, 2021 (Saturday) we will hold an open online marathon “Tasks of Team Leads and Team Managers”
https://tetics.com/events/ – come and we’ll discuss it.
We take the floor so that you can look at the trainers of the program and understand how much what they say, what they believe and what they have been teaching students for more than 10 years suits you.
Does your company need team leads who want to do more, but don’t know where to start or what to learn?
We have been training team leads and managers for over 10 years now, and during this time we have learned to answer a variety of questions.
If you have several offices in different countries, then we are able to train team leaders in both Russian and English: https://tetics.com
Contact us in the most convenient way for you: